Ladder accessories are available for replacing parts that are broken or missing from ladders. They are appreciated by workers who heavily depend on them such as carpenters, painters, construction workers, adjusters, and house inspectors. These accessories perform a number of different tasks such as increasing the safety and stability of the ladder or providing a more friendlier work surface when working on the top of a ladder.
Some of these accessories are discussed in the following paragraphs:
• Ladder hooks. Ladder hooks are used to help the worker to keep the ladder stable while working. They are secured in place by clamping the bottom of the ladder hook around the lower of the two ladder rungs. Once hooks have been attached to the rings, then they are secured with the rung clip to the top portion of the ladder rung by tightening the wing nut and bolt. Once each hook has been checked to make sure it is secured, the ladder is ready for use.
• Ladder stabilizers. This accessory is attached to a ladder for safety purposes. It is a long piece of metal with both ends bending downward and is attached to the top of a ladder. The two ends have a plastic or rubber covering with in-built grippers, which prevents the ladder from shaking or slipping in any direction. These stabilizers can be found in a variety of sizes and styles. Some of the various features include adjustable legs, built in stand offs, lightweight aluminum, and corner design to fit in difficult areas.
• Ladder levelers. Ladder levelers are safety guards used to prevent accidental release. Leveler helps to keep the ladder stabilized in perpendicular position when having to work on a ground that is uneven. They are great for using on extension and straight ladders. The ladder leveler has a maximum differential of 15”.
• Ladder bumpers. Bumpers are used to protect wood, aluminum, vinyl siding and most interior walls from dents and scratches. They fit almost any aluminum or fiberglass extension ladders.
• Ladder jacks. These are steel extensions that attach to a ladder and are very useful. A scaffold is formed by placing a single ladder between two ladders that have a jack on each. This ladder accessory allows for additional functionality to a ladder. These ladder accessories are all available online at: http://www.birdladder.com